Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Weird Wednesday

WEIRD COINCIDENCE
I think it's interesting that both Arethusa and Kjerste have blogged about strange dreams. I also had a strange dream last night having something to do with a Desperate Housewives plot and I've been racking my brain all day to remember what it was about... can't remember.

Oh well.
WEIRD NEW OWNERS
It seems the cafe across the street from my office is changing ownership. I'm very sad -- this is the only place I know of where you pick your food up at a counter, and they will actually hand you utensils and a napkin. Sonia and her husband are the sweetest people and I've enjoyed talking to them over the past 2 years. They are Korean; their daughters are first generation Californian. The oldest just started at UC Berkeley this fall and is taking courses in preparation for medical school. Ah, the American Dream at work.
Sonia introduced me to the new owners, who are not as nice.

WEIRD EMAIL
I received a strange email from my ex-German today that said:
5 years ago today...
Have a wonderful day! Sometimes I act like such a child.
Dom (All in German, of course)
I'm not sure what to make of this. (Yes, I guess we DID meet 5 years ago today. I didn't remember the exact date.) Does this mean he does, infact, wish to speak with me after he explicitly told me not to contact him anymore? This was only a month ago. I've decided not to respond. I've had enough indecisiveness in the past month.

WEIRD INTERVIEW
I found out at 10:00 this morning that I had an interview at 1:30. Even weirder is that the interview was super easy and I got a job offer. Maybe putting in your time and working your ass off DOES pay go noticed (eventually)...

More details later.




No comments: