Monday, September 11, 2006

Feelings and an excuse to use Edward Gorey










C is for Clara who wasted away.



As you may have noticed, I disappeared last week. Unfortunately I was not whisked away to an exotic location or doing anything fabulous. I was sick... the sickest I've been since getting strep throat during a road trip on the way to Las Vegas in 1998. That trip was such a blur... I don't even remember the Denver hospital where my friends rushed me at 7 am because I could barely breathe. (I DO remember taking my friend's migrane medication instead of my antibiotics and feeling FABULOUS as we made our way into Arizona.)


Unfortunately I do not have any good overdose stories from my most recent coughtastrophy. I sat around all weekend watching movies. I almost chewed my arm off of ennui on Saturday.

I'm not bored at work. Missing 1 1/2 days of work after a holiday weekend was not a good idea. I'm fantasically far behind with everything at work, I'm supposed to be moving into a new office, and nothing is getting accomplished. Very frustrating.



It's not wrong to have emotions. In fact, I think getting emotional is the only thing that makes us human. Overreaction is at least REACTION, right? Why should we sit stagnant and wait for things to happen or hope that things will change? I wish more people would overreact. I'm an artist. I have a BA in expressing myself. Lately I've felt managerial, like I was managing emotions instead of just letting them fly. Guess what, folks, I'm lettin' em' fly... watchout! And who better to listen than my friends and loved ones. Sometimes we fly off the handle, but isn't it up to those who love us most to love us anyway?






Z is for Zillah who drank too much gin.
(Sounds good.)

No comments: