Monday, September 18, 2006

Now I'm REALLY sore

I had to take it easy at the gym this morning. My feet are killing me, and I didn't get any sleep. It's a miracle I even got out of bed this morning, after the night I had.

I often don't get a chance to think until I'm lying alone in bed at night, unable to sleep from blistered feet (or whatever - I forgot to mention I have a sunburn too). This is the one time when I'm completely alone with my thoughts, exactly the person that I am, with no interruptions. I totally agree with the sleep-on-it philosophy; sometimes you only know it is a real problem when you try, but CAN'T sleep on it, in fact, you can't sleep at all.

Something besides my running pain was bothering me until all hours of the night. One thought penetrated my thoughts and wouldn't let go...

"You ruined my f#$%ing birthday."

It raced and raced around my room, made me toss and turn, almost drove me crazy until I finally took a shot of Nyquil so I could get to sleep. This one little thought, the one thing I never had the balls to say outloud finally took control, and wouldn't let go... then I started thinking of other things I never had the balls to say.... but I won't share them here.

My run yesterday may have caused me physical soreness, but the kind of sore I was last night was worse. I'm sore today too. Hopefully I won't be sore tomorrow. :)

No comments: