Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Silly Post

Suzanne --
[noun]:

A real life muppet

'How" will you be defined in the dictionary?' at QuizGalaxy.com
Hmmmm.....
UNRELATED FUNNY STORY
My co-worker and I spend WAY too much time together on a daily basis and on the internet. Last summer, while we were both looking for apartments on Craigslist, we became addicted to the "Missed Connections" section as well as the "Personals." I thought.. "Why would you be looking on Craigslist to find someone? I mean, it's the same place you look for an apartment or a used bicycle..." Are people just used crap?
So, to make light of the Personals-a-la-Craigslist phenomenon, we decided to do our own post:
Attractive, intelligent blonde, Suzy, seeks 25-35 year old male with last name beginning with Q. Last name MUST begin with Q.
It was amazing how many people either lied, or didn't get the credence Clearwater Revival reference. I wish I would have kept these emails, because some of them were hilarious. I was hoping for some hot Italian, but unfortunately all I got was a bunch of desperation and people who CLAIMED their last name started with "Q", but their email address told a different story. (Ok, j_smith@yahoo.com, I don't see a "Q" in that!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Craigslist...the hours of amusement you've given me. I did something similar. I had reached the end of my torturous dating rope, and posted a lengthy ad about becoming a trophy wife. I cited my English degree being useful at society events, my ability to clean up well, and being okay with seperate bedrooms and mistresses. The responses were very amusing. Many many men out there looking for trophy wives.