Friday, September 22, 2006

Muffins

My female co-worker told me she was a little offended by the comment I make about BEBE sweatpants in my blog title. She does admit, that although she would enjoy a pair of BEBE sweatpants, and would probably wear them out in public and enjoy it, would be misconstrued as "A muffin". We have determined that she is not a blueberry or a chocolate chip muffin, not even poppy seed, but a bran muffin. So, we can still be friends. We both have an aversion to the fruity or seedy muffin types.

Kjerste and I started using the term "muffin" in college to describe a female who, although tasty and perhaps sweet, is almost artificial. We, on the other hand, consider ourselves to be free of artificial colors and flavors.

I have decided I am a piece of white bread, perhaps with a lovely pepper jelly spread.

What are you?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's time for Kjerste to post an indepth expose on Muffins, Gruffins, and Greyhounds. I think I'm none of the above - only because I'm too silly, akward, and mildy frumpy.

-Arethusa

Helga said...

Actually, I think the term "muffin" originated with me and Kjerste in high school, surrounded as we were by the sickeningly sweet kind. At least, I think this is where it got started...

sarah said...

Oh, but I did post on this, back in April: Muffins, Gruffins, Greyhounds...Oh, My!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh yes! You did - how could I forget? Must go refresh my carb knowledge.

Chino XL said...

Forgive my ignorance, but what the hell is pepper jelly???