Friday, September 15, 2006

The leaves are changing and so is my blog title.

It's fall, and a fabulous time of year to be fabulous. Arethusa made a typo in her blog when she referred to my former "Flabulous Campaign" as the "Fabulous Campaign," but I've decided to make it stick. (Besides, no one knew what the hell "Nur fuer Verruckete" was referring to, although I highly recommend Hesse's "Steppenwolf - it's a fabulous book.)

Fabulous is a state of mind. It's feeling good about one's self and one's accomplishments. Some believe fabulousness is represented best by material things, but my campaign is NOT buying Gucci or wearing BEBE sweatpants (yuck). I'm taking my personal fabulous campaign into heart, mind and spirit (with an occasional pedicure). I hope that others will join me in this campaign. It seems many have already begun:

Kjerste has begun freelance writing, something she has been wanting to do for a long time.

Helga has moved to Boston to begin a new life and career adventure.

Arethusa has managed to get an awesome new job and a fiance in a matter of months.

Another friend of mine has come back to performing after being swept away to corporate land for 5 years, and is loving it.

EXCELLENT JOB EVERYONE! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU! ACTUALLY, I'M SO PROUD OF US! WE ARE FABULOUS!

3 comments:

Helga said...

Hell yeah! We ARE a pretty fabulous group, aren't we?! And I agree -- BeBe sweatpants are definitely NOT fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. There's some dyslexia rearing it's confused head. FLABulous applies to me better than Fabulous, but I'm on the bandwagon regardless. :)
-Arethusa

sarah said...

BeBe sweatpants make me think of the girl at my local salon. The one who likes toe flowers...