Monday, February 28, 2011

Dreams when you're 30

We've all had dreams about being back in college. . .

*****Entering Dream Sequence*******

Everyone around me is so excited about next year! The summer has been great, but we are all doing something new this year. Some of us are studying abroad, some are applying to graduate school, some are getting their first jobs, and others are just trying to figure out their class scheduled.

Fraught with possibilities, I start brain storming! Instead of going to Germany, I could study in Italy. I could learn Italian and make new friends, and come back singing opera! Or I could apply for law school. I could really challenge myself to hit the LSAT books and sign up for the test... Or gee, I should take that math class finally and graduate and get out of here.

*****Exiting Dream Sequence*******

OMG. Wait. Didn't I already graduate from college? I passed that math class and I can prove it! I studied in Germany, and I even moved back to Germany for awhile after college. I traveled to Italy. I don't need to find a place to live because I already have one. Also, I already went to graduate school. Shit! I wrote a thesis and everything!

******Totally Awake*******

I have a job. I have responsibilities. I want to go to Europe, but I can't afford it. I should have been lawyer. Damn. Being 21 was awesome.

No comments: