Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lifestyle Coaching Today

The lifestyle coach told me almost exactly what I thought. There is no amount of exercise that will take the place of food, and it needs to be a balance of both exercise and eating. She did make me feel better about my weight, saying that I don't really need to lose weight. But, if I chose to lose weight, I need to experiment with my metabolism. Of course, she suggested a food journal. Ugh.

Experimenting with my metabolism is something that I've tried to do. I've logged my food into websites like www.sparkpeople.com, and I always come up over the limit. WAY over calories, or WAY over fat, or WAY over protein. By dinner I'm frustrated, and hungry. I've also tried small meals. Eating smaller meals, and more per day does not make me less hungry; it also doesn't allow me to go out to eat. As soon as I go out to a restaurant, my brain is screaming, "FEED ME SEYMOUR!" Also, as soon as alcohol consumption comes into play, it's all over. You might as well have skipped breakfast.

Side note: Maybe I should have a couple glasses of wine for breakfast. I could get the early morning breakfast calories, and have a nice rush to start my day . . . or fall asleep. . . ok, bad idea.

The good news is the lifestyle coach told me I shouldn't worry about my weight (although I'd still like to lose 5 pounds). She also told me that my body is craving protein and fat because I need protein and fat. I also drink PLENTY of water on a daily basis, so I'm good there. The other good news is now I've made myself accountable to 3 full-time employees at the gym. It will be difficult to avoid them, and they will ask me questions like, "How's it going?" I don't want to have to tell them that I made it to the gym, even after eating a burrito and drinking a bottle of wine.

I guess I'll keep exercising harder to earn that burrito. Oh yeah, and the wine. Oh and try not to over eat. Lots of exercise in my future.

No comments: