Monday, October 23, 2006

Synchronicity

After a girls weekend in wine country, I've come home with a newly established sense of some of the things I want to get out of life. I am on a search for the missing puzzle pieces - the ones that I know exist and I'll know when I find them.

While away this weekend I read an article on "synchronicity"which is the idea that, when things are going as they should, the reality of the situation slows and you can see all of the correct decisions being made as well as see all aspects clearly from all different angles. The author quoted a Boston Celtic's basketball player who recollected some of the best games of this life; the game/team was in synchronicity, everything around him just made sense - he knew the players, where to throw the ball, who was coming at him and when to attempt the shot. The author was comparing this to business also - when no one needs to ask questions, when everyone just "gets it" and they work in synch with one another to accomplish a common goal.

There are a few things that I feel this way about, and others that I'm still searching for synchronicity in. For example - my job. Although my career path is frustrating, the last move I made was absolutely in synch with how I was feeling, and want I wanted to be involved with. Going to classes is also in synch with what I want to be doing in the future, and is where my interests lie right now.

However, sometimes there are things we choose to do that are so horribly out of synch with what we really want and really need; we know this (or at least have a sense of this) immediately. Why do we insist on doing them?

There are things and people that you tend to attach yourself to, knowing that you really shouldn't. Do we have the need to fall off track every once in awhile to remind ourselves that we are human? Truly, there is nothing better than bouncing back. I'm in a bouncing back stage... and I'm taking no prisoners.

No comments: