Tuesday, October 03, 2006

No time for God?

I received a flyer from a neighborhood apolistic church on my windshield this morning outside of work. The front of the flyer states, in bold lettering, "NO TIME FOR GOD?" The inside is choc-full-o-guilt. Enjoy!

THERE IS TIME FOR...
Working, Eating, Sleeping, Politics, Clubs, Sports, Fishing, The Beach, Alcohol, Drugs, Witchcraft, Playing, Drugs, Dancing, Immortality, Parties, AND MANY OTHER THINGS...

FOR EVERYTHING THERE IS TIME BUT FOR GOD THERE IS NOT TIME! WILL HE HAVE TIME FOR YOU?


When you need Him and need Him desperately will God have time for you? The bible says in Proverbs 1:24-29 "Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, an no man regarded but ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none my reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity: I will mock when your fear cometh: when your fear cometh as desolation and your destrution cometh as a whirlwind: when diestress and anguish cometh upon you. Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer: they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: for that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord."

THERE IS GREAT DANGER!

It is very dangerous to have time for everything, but no time for the most important thing in your life: SEEKING GOD.

The flyer goes on to explain in layman terms the meaning of the scripture, but I'm sure you get it. I honestly found it kind of funny and annoying at the same time. The back of the flyer gives the name and address for the church, information regarding service times, etc. and ends with an inviting, "ALL ARE WELCOME!"

God will not answer when people are in distress and anguish and furthermore, he will laugh at you. That's disappointing.

Oh, Old Testament! How frightning you are!

1 comment:

Chino XL said...

HAHAHA!!! Gotta love organized religion.