Friday, August 11, 2006

Ode to new apartment

Oh new apartment, painted random shades of blue,
I have oh so much storage and the carpeting is new.

Oh to live with young professionals, working all the day,
You actually have cars and jobs and are mostly normal - YAY!

Oh to the air conditioner who keeps me nice and cool,
Or if I want to go outside, I can swim in the big pool.

Oh dishwasher how it's nice to load you with glasses,
With all the dishes 2 acquire, we could feed the masses.

Oh to sit on the balcony beneath magnolia trees,
Throwing out the satellite will make me very pleased.

Oh to do laundry with plenty of machines,
People actually take the time to clean out linty screens.

Oh to my neighborhood, equipped with Trader Joe's,
Barnes and Noble, Whole Foods, a salon to paint my toes.

Oh to Bascom avenue, I drive you daily to work,
Not to travel freeway is quite a lovely perk.

Oh to the City of Campbell, with your pink water tower,
Very nice establishments for food or happy hour.

No comments: