Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Heros

THANK YOU!

Heros are overrated -- It is time to thank those who inspire in a different way, namely those who do their job so poorly, thus inspiring others to be better.

I would like to thank the college professor who gave the same lecture for 30 years, and the same test every year that no student could pass unless they cheated by memorizing copies of the previous years' tests. Your awful lectures made me realize that being a good teacher has everything to do with keeping up with the times and inspiring others by being inspired yourself. I'm inspired to move forward, be open to change, and to keep learning.

I would like to thank the TV show "American Idol" for brainwashing America into thinking Kelly Clarkson is actually a good singer. You've made me appreciate true talent. I am inspired to teach people about the amazing work of recording technicians, and enjoy listening to people who can improvise and/or can perform songs with more than 5 chords.

I would like to thank an ex-boyfriend's father for teaching me what kind of man to stay away from.

I would like to thank certain world leaders (past and present) who have said ignorant things or use incorrect English. You've taught me that people are constantly listening to and judging what you say (good or bad). I'm inspired to think before I speak and have the ability to admit when I'm wrong.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Someone pointed out to me that the correct spelling is "Heroes." I don't care - I'm keeping it up there for all of you so it can drive you INSANE. Ha ha ha ha *evil laugh*