Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Follow up to fatness

Helga asks: "How on EARTH did the goon at 24 Hour Fitness determine that you were overweight? If you are overweight, then surely I am morbidly obese."

1.) Helga is tall and slender, and runs 10 miles a day. She is not morbidly obese. That's just ridiculous.

2.) My B.M.I. was calculated according to:

a.) My self-reported height of 5'4''
b.) My weight of 132 pounds (with clothes) taken at the gym
c.) A "fat pincher" measuring sample in tricep area.
d.) An additional pincher sample by left shoulder blade.
f.) Final pincher sample on side just above hip bone.

= 25% body fat

1 comment:

Helga said...

Okay, but then how is 25% body fat on a woman overweight? You certainly don't look overweight to me.

And the 10 mile run is only my long run. Not daily or I would die. You give me too much credit.