Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Human Race

Dear Friends (and other people I like),

On May 12, 2007 I will be participating in the 14th Annual Human Race 10K to support Choral Project and other Not-for-profit organizations in the greater Silicon Valley area. Assisting not-for-profit organizations is a service to all human beings. The work done by these organizations are often done selflessly, to support a better society and a better life for all citizens. Furthermore these organizations depend much on volunteers to keep their mission.

The Choral Project is a vital music organization in the South Bay in which I am directly involved. Our mission is to heal our world through music and words. The benefits to keeping music vital in society are immeasurable.

This summer Choral Project will compete in the First Annual International Choral Competition in California in San Luis Obispo, CA. During this week of friendly competition, we will have the opportunity to combine forces with choirs of Spain, Poland, Uganda and the Philippines to share a remarkable experience with each other and our audiences.

My goal for the Human Race is to raise $500.00 and to run at an 8-mile pace. (Um, I have a lot of training to do.) I would appreciate your donation to Choral Project and other Silicon Valley non-profits in any amount your budget allows. Please let me know if you are interested in making a donation, and I'll give you the address to send a check.

Your donation is tax-deductible! If I make my donation goal*, I will run over the finish line like Phoebe Buffay from “Friends” and send you the link to the picture. (I know everyone needs a little extra incentive.)

* (Disclaimer: If I make my pace goal, I will be physically unable to run over the finish line like Phoebe Buffay. But, I’m not quite up to 8-minute miles, so your odds are really good!)

Human Race Website:
http://www.vcsv.us/humanrace

Choral Project Website:
http://www.choralproject.org

Benefits of Music Listening:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=music+listening+benefits

Phoebe running style:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_0Ta_DIWuU

Thanks all!

No comments: