Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Why didn't I think of that?

Las Vegas has become smarter (yet, somehow dumber) over the last 10 years.

It wasn't too long ago, they started marketing Vegas as "family friendly," attempting to lure a younger crowd by offering theme parks, roller coaster rides and more child friendly hotels. I think parents were smart enough to realize that Vegas is not family friendly, roller coasters shouldn't cost $16, furthermore why would they want to take their children to Vegas and ruin their Disneyland-for-adults-fantasy-land. Theme parks did not do so well. It was still chalk full of drunken "adults."

So, they started the "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas campaign" which has done quite well... It just proved the fact that Vegas is a fantasy world, allowing people to do what they would not do in their normal lives. I mean...let's not beat around the bush. Everyone who does not want to get laid, drink to death, or do drugs must really enjoy being around a plethora of people who are there for that exact purpose.

I know what you're thinking, "I don't want to do those things! I'm going to go to the shows, and go shopping, and hang out by the pool..." YOU may want to partake of those activities, but there are a LARGE portion of people who go to Las Vegas every year who just aspire, almost completely, to go somewhere were they can act like...

A DOUCHE BAG.

I hate to burst your bubble. They are in Vegas, and they are like finely-dressed cockroaches.

Fellow SJSU'er, Mike Oz, who writes for the Fresno Bee, alerted me to Las Vegas' newest ad campaign.. proving that the city would not exist without douche bags. Check out this link at Vegas.com.

Two of my "favorite" things have come together at last. I'm so tired of people telling me how they LOVE Las Vegas, how it's so much FUN, etc. F@#$ing give me a break. I don't know how you could enjoy hanging out with so many douche bags. At least Vegas is ready to step up and tell it like it is. I only wish I would have spoken out sooner, and perhaps I could have helped put this marketing ad together. If we're going to tell it how it is, perhaps we should start marketing to drug dealers or wife beaters as well. God knows there are plenty of those in Vegas too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

vegas.com is NOT the LVCA!

Chino XL said...

Is that for real? I can't believe anybody (even a marketing/travel company like vegas.com) would start a campaign like that. What's worse is that I can't believe people would actually WANT to register for a campaign like that. How strange. Oh, and BTW, the comment above is very true.