Friday, March 14, 2008

Fabulous Friday - (Half) Marathon Madness

I took two weeks off to write papers and be stressed out, but I'm back running again. This week so far = about 14 miles since Sunday. Not bad. I'm loving "spring forward!" Tuesday I went to my local track and ran after work, and yesterday I did a 5-miler out on the trail again. I love the sunshine after 6:30 pm, even when partly cloudy and a chance of rain. Freakin' rules. Cutting winter hours short (oh, and my tax refund!) was the best thing Mr. President has done for me. Thank you, George!

Not only have I decided to travel to the homeland (Iowa) for the Marathon to Marathon - my Iowa buddy, Alison, is going to travel out here for the Silicon Valley Marathon in October! Woot! Now I'm training for TWO halfers. Alison and I haven't run together since high school, so it will be very interesting to see, now that we are nearing 30, who's in better shape. HA! (We were always a little competitive.)

Sorry so short. I'm a busy lady.

No comments: