Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Civic Duty


I participated in the democratic process on my way into work, and have been giddy all day. I'm not one to start political debates online, so I won't tell you my choice for the Democratic... or Republican.... Presidential nomination. He he he

Today I was assisted by a nice, older church-going man who acted as if slipping my ballot into the ballot box was a magic trick. Made my day. I don't know if I want to vote my mail because volunteers at the polling stations are so freakin' cute.

The only not-good part of the voting process was deciding what to do about the Indian Gaming Propositions. I've been torn. I really don't want to vote for either. I don't feel comfortable making decisions about horrible gambling, or about indigenous people who were practically (What am I saying? Practically? Almost completely!)wiped out by settlers. During the Super Bowl there were commercials both for, and against, these gaming props. HELLO!!!!! Aren't they fighting over where the money should go? Schools? Indians? California?.... Why are they spending money on bazillion dollar Super Bowl airtime!? WHY!?

No comments: