Thursday, February 14, 2008

Distaste for Victoria's Secret

I recently bought $100 worth of cotton undies from VS and went through a terrific time of getting through the line and dealing with teenagers buying scandalous lingerie. Horrifying!

This morning, I was very disturbed to realize that my new VS Cotton bikinis have "butt words" on them. You know what I'm talking about - "Butt words" as made famous by Bebe and Juicy Couture. I didn't think to look on the back of them. Now my butt has the words "Wish you Were Here" written on it. It's just wrong on so many levels.



I'm a fan of Pink Floyd and all, but this is ridiculous.

I wish VS would get rid of their PINK line. It disturbs me greatly. First of all, WHY THE DOGS? I like animals, but I don't want them on my undies. Also.. what's up with the random numbers? What is 86? I'm telling you, the girls I saw shopping in that section were born at LEAST 4-5 years AFTER 1986. I think, in order to wear something that says 86, the company should tell you why that number is there, furthermore if it is a year, you should be able to remember the year 1986.

Secondly, if they are going to keep the PINK line, I think they need to keep it separated in another area of the store, and not let it creep into the good ole' VS Cotton line where all of my panties come from. Let's keep "butt words" all in one area, shall we, and keep them away from unsuspecting consumers who just want some plain cotton bikinis.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gah! I HATE their PINK line. But I love their cotton underwear. So comfy and doesn't ride up. The stores I usually go to have them seperated. That sucks that yours didn't.

sarah said...

So. Freakin. Funny.

"Wish you were here."

AHAHAHAAA...

I hate VS.

Chino XL said...

I completely agree with "kjerste!" That was the funniest thing I read all day. Sadly I'm not hip enough to tell you what the 86 means. If it was referring to a year however, shouldn't it be in the form of: '86 ?

Regardless, I know you secretly have little dance parties on your bed in your new "butt word" undies like Cameron Diaz did in Charlie's Angels...oh, wait...maybe that's just the dream I had...heh...

sarah said...

Check this out.