Friday, February 08, 2008

Fabulous Fried(day) II: Readying for Races

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

It's been one of those weeks. I had to leave work in the middle of the afternoon yesterday in order to keep my cool... so it was decided that a run was in order. I couldn't believe how wonderful it felt to be out in the sunshine in a t-shirt. YAY SUN! I went back to work, and it was still a disaster, but I would have freaked out on somebody had I not left for an hour.

So, I've been thinking about which races to run this year, once my ass gets into shape. A friend from Iowa picked a half marathon we could both do in June, and promised to come out to Cali to participate in a half sometime later this fall. Need to find a good one. I'm thinking maybe Napa...

Here are my current races for the year (more added soon):
Pat's Run San Jose, May 3
Human Race, Silicon Valley, May 10
Marathon to Marathon, Storm Lake (IA), June 14

Also, in honor of cousin Mike, I'm participating in the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's Great Strides Walk. This time, I'm going to Tulsa to walk with my family.

1 comment:

Helga said...

Ahh, to run outdoors in a T-shirt. I am jealous, jealous, jealous.