Friday, November 02, 2007

Fabulous Friday - Frozen Pizza

I'm starting a segment called "Fabulous Friday" in order to make myself accountable to my tens of blog readers (HA). If I start slacking off, you need to find me, call me, write me, email me, message me, and pull me out of the hole. There! Now I've made YOU accountable.

Let me remind you all of the fabulous things that my blogalicious friends have been doing lately: Arethusa, recently promoted; Helga, recently licensed; Saba, soon to be working one job; George, don't know but probably doing something fabulous.

As for me, I've run about 14 miles since last Friday (not bad), and have a Student Development project underway. I also have a hot date on Saturday. :)It's amazing that I don't feel a whole lot better this week than in less healthy weeks. The roommate tells me that stress causes fat because it's comforting to the body. Makes sense, I guess. I can't do anything at this point to take a few busy hours out of my day; all I can do is use the hours I have free to eat well, exercise, be well, and thrive. (Oh, crap, that was a Kaiser commercial!)

Sometimes I look to my Midwestern roots to make myself feel better. Every time I go home to the Midwest, it amazes me how inactive most people are. I am also appalled by the food choices. After last winter, I have eaten Kung Pao Shrimp for the LAST time in a Midwestern restaurant. Frozen shrimp - argh. Midwesterners live longer though - frozen food and all.

I will admit, though that I enjoy a frozen pizza from time to time, although these days it's usually the Trader Joe's variety. I can't help the frozen pizza eating. It's apparently in my blood.

Read fun article, Midwest: frozen pizza capital of the U.S.

No comments: