Friday, June 01, 2007

Fabulous Vacation for 1, please.

I've been looking online for a 4 day vacation/cruise/retreat/spa/ANYTHING. I need to get away for a few days after the next month of mass hysteria is over. Mass hysteria = work, class, choral season, everyone and their mom celebrating a birthday/graduation/life change, etc.

July 3 can't come quickly enough.

PROBLEM! Did you know it is IMPOSSIBLE to book a cruise or any type of vacation including accomodations online for one person to Mexico? What kind of crap is THAT? I just want to get away by myself, not burden anyone else, just slip away for a few days, turn off the cell phone and not come into contact with anyone. But, according to Orbiz.com, Priceline.com, Cheaptickets.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.com (believe me, I've checked them all), I am not ALLOWED to go on vacation by myself. All bookings are for 2 people, or I'll just end up paying for 2-person rate anyway.

WHAT'S UP WITH THAT!? (I'm a little angry right now.)

So, I looked up a meatmarket *ahem* SINGLES Cruise at www.singlescruise.com. Here's what I found:

Single $1,669.00 Double $949.00

Even the Singles Cruise people want you to come in pairs! This is discrimination.

1 comment:

twallack said...

Call it the singles' tax. Everything's more expensive.

Here's the reason for the more expensive trips: The price you saw quoted for a double is per person. It's less than the single price because, presumably, you're being assigned your own room, while couples are sharing a room.

But given that it's a singles cruise, you'd think the tour operator would have a yenta on staff that could match you up with an instant boyfriend to share a room with -- or a fellow single woman to cruise for guys with.