Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Breaking up is hard to do.

It's especially difficult to break off a relationship when you really love the way it makes you feel, most of the time. But, when the relationship causes hardship to your pocketbook or when your trust has deteriorated, it is time to leave.

I broke up with Club One and will be finished there on July 1. I'm very sad. I went this morning, and I feel pretty fabulous. Perhaps it was the 40 minutes of cardio, the core workout, the lovely high-pressure shower... but this relationship must end.

*sigh*

Club One raised my membership to $79 a month in January. This $31 raise in my dues really hurt my feelings. I thought I was one of their better members -- I went often, took some classes, knew a lot of nice people there, etc. I thought for a while that I loved Club One enough to pay the extra money for it. Instead, my participation has decreased. I've enjoyed more activities on my own and outside. Furthermore, since the increase, I've been talking to many people who, for some reason, do not pay as much as I do. Club One is cheating me when I've been so good. Why? *sniffle*

On top of the increase, they want ME to reduce my membership fee by asking my friends to join. Why would I ask my friends to join? It makes me feel like my being there isn't enough for them. (THREE-SOME?)I don't want to be the middle man! Besides, it's THEIR job to increase membership, NOT MINE. I'm not going to do their job for them. Also, why would I want my friends to feel ill-treated? That makes me pretty angry.

Also... *sigh*... I'll admit....

I'VE CHEATED. It's true! I went to Gold's and Ballys. You know what? I'LL DO IT AGAIN! I just wasn't getting what I wanted from you, Club One. My closest gym doesn't even have a POOL! I thought someone else could make me happy. Ballys treated me really well, but unfortunately it is not able to be in a relationship right now.

Someday my perfect gym will come!

No comments: