Wednesday, May 09, 2007

You can't take it with you.

I was in the Dallas burbs over the weekend visiting my cousin. Honestly, it was VERY appealing for a lot of reasons: close to family, an international airport, favorable weather (I can deal with humidity), close to the city and entertainment, fantastic people, plenty of universities at which to work, and VERY nice cost of living. Problem = I can't go unless I can take my favorite parts of California with me... So, if anyone can find a way to package these things, please let me know:

Ethnic cuisine - We're not talking Olive Garden here, we're talking about family-owned, with Grandma's cooking from the old country. Even better when food is curried, eaten with hands or chopsticks, and/or totally unpronounceable.

Diversity - I need at least one Hispanic neighbor, one of Asian decent, and one African-American within 2 blocks of my $350,000 4-bedroom house.

Mountains - Not that I'm an avid skier, but they are pretty to look at and they give you something to hike up. They also make a lovely music and art venue.

Liberals - I'm not saying everyone needs to be liberal, but at least one person with an Obama '08 sticker on their Mini Cooper would be nice.

Expensive gas, people who don't look you in the eye, gang violence, drugs, and anything having to to with Hollywood or Los Angeles can stay in California.

Thanks for listening! Have a nice day!

No comments: