Monday, November 27, 2006

Turkey Trots and Tofurkey

Excuse me while I tell you about the rest of my Thanksgiving weekend that revolved little around cereal dating. I'm tired of the aforementioned subject anyway. If only my endurance for dating was that of my 10 K endurance. I would be a new woman.

I got up at 7 am with friends to run the 2nd Annual Silicon Valley Turkey Trot, where I saw NO signs of a turkey. But, Brandi Chastaine was there - again. Does she just travel to local running events and do radio blurbs? You're a great soccer player and a local hero -- we got it! I hate to say it, Helga, but I am not the fastest woman in San Jose, but I think I am the second fastest woman in Campbell between the ages of 20 and 29... Here's how I did:

Age: 27
13 F 20-29
50:16.1
50:31.0
0:14.9
8:06/M

The Trot was followed by 4 hours of cooking. For those of you who know me well, this is much more of a feat than running 6.2 miles. Not only am I not a good cook, I just don't usually do well in the kitchen environment. My roommate had brought home a gorgeous tofurkey, so I felt I should do my part. I made two pumpkin pies, green bean casserole with FRESH green beans, mashed potatoes (not the boxed kind), my mother's famous raspberry/cranberry jello concoction, and my roommate added a Finnish sweet potato souffle. It was all yummy, except maybe the rubbery tofurkey, but I really liked the stuffing that came with it. Not all tofu is bad.

Dinner and "Frida" was followed by a night cap in downtown Campbell.

1 comment:

Helga said...

Whatever --- I'll always think of you as the Fastest Girl in San Jose, if only because it would make a great T-shirt.

I too had a tofurky for Thanksgiving, and actually really liked it. But I like pretty much any kind of tofu. Sorry your fake turkey was rubbery.