Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Snap, Crackle, Pop...

...Rice Crispies *singing*

I've changed my mind about Rice Crispies. This cereal is, of course, part of a balanced breakfast, but it makes fabulous sounds when milk is added. I'd forgotten how exciting it is when your cereal actually speaks back to you, furthermore when you are interested in what it has to say to you. Rice Crispies is intelligent and fun at the same time. Nothing needs to be added -- except milk, and it's damned tasty without. Rice Crispies is also responsible for the most delicious, easy to make snack, the famous Rice Crispy Treat. Mmmmmmm.

Mr. Rice Crispies is a midwestern gentleman who doesn't feel he needs to open doors for you, because he's not trying to overly impress you. (Chivalry is so dead, in my opinion.) He's quick (intellectually "snappy"), has a degree in law, could have the tendency to get dry or soggy, but is open conversationally and is not shy to admit to going to karaoke parties. We went to dinner at a tapas restaurant. He let me pick the place, and even let me decide what to order. He spoke softly but with such an aura about him that you knew he exuded confidence. Communication is so nice, isn't it? So many people lack in this category.

Rice Crispies is very open and honest about doing cereal dating of his own, making him almost more inticing. I'm sure I'm not the only one lured in by Mr. RC. Like I said, this guy is smart. He knows he's good looking, but can remain humble, and knows he's intelligent, but doesn't take over the conversation or activity. There is a mystery there - what makes Rice Crispies snap, crackle and pop?

I'll let you know if I find out.

No comments: