Friday, April 25, 2008

Fabulous Friday: Food, Fat and Fast

A note about food.

The organic diet is going pretty well so far. I can not decipher a difference in taste between food grown with pesticides and food that is organically grown. (With the exception to the organic beef I bought, which was a LOT less fatty than usual.) The only thing I notice is that the organic stuff rots faster (er, I'm sorry) is fresher, and it really limits what one is able to buy at the grocery store. Tummy is getting smaller, but I'm attributing this to eating out less, and to actually having to THINK about what I'm putting in my mouth. Of course, I can't eat organic all the time. Towards the end of the week, I end up going to out lunch with colleagues or don't have time to make lunch for the next day, so I find something healthy, but non-organic to eat.

Today, the restaurant at work is hosting a TGIF appetizer reception, and I'm going to eat some fried stuff. So THERE!

A note about fat.

So, why is tummy feeling more solid lately? Well, it could be eating, but it could be running. I do realize, however, that tummy will never look the same as it did when I was 22, no matter how many new core exercises I do or how many miles I run. Tummy is gearing up to be 30... I'll have to live with it. Has anyone else noticed that they are producing extra skin? What's up with that? I'm starting to feel like Rubber Woman.

A note about fast.

Running 4 miles is not a problem, and I can actually start working on some speed again. Just in time, too. Next weekend is Pat's Run (4.2 miles). So, I will spend next week working up to 6 miles, which will be just in time for the Human Race 10K.

No comments: