Monday, April 14, 2008

Fabulous Friday (On Monday)

I'm late. Halt die Klappe! (German, for "Shut your Yapper!");)

Seems things are getting back on "trek." I did my first 5 mile run in months last week. Woo hoo! I'm up to about 16 miles in a week... so, now I only have to work up to 13 miles in a few hours.. um, in June. Ok, I have a lot to do. The June half-marathon will be a "trial" run at best, and will hopefully motivate me to keep training for the Silicon Valley half next October. That's the plan, at least.

With all of my new exercise, including my new core and free-weight workouts, you'd think my belly would be looking good. Well, it's not. I've decided my body has finally hit the age at which it is impossible to bounce back. I spent almost a year of my life in a "drinking relationship" and it's done some damage. It's not just exercise anymore, I actually have to watch what I eat. *argh*

I never thought this day would come. *sniffle*

So, get this. I'm trying organic eating. Yes, the girl from the midwest is doing something very non-midwestern... but she's doing it for completely selfish reasons.

I will admit it. I'm only trying the organic thing for my own health, and not because of environmental, animal, economical, or local benefits. Totally selfish... I just want to look better and feel better. Sorry. In fact, eating organic is going to be extremely annoying, and I'm not guaranteeing that it will last.

Why I will lose tummy while eating organically:

1.) I will be running a lot more than usual in May and June and will have probably lost tummy fat anyway.

2.) Why is the food so small? Green pepper is so tiny, me hardly know it there...

3.) More organic food means less eating out, and less food options in general.

4.) Organic rots faster, so I will be hauling my ass to the grocery store at LEAST twice a week, thus burning more calories.

5.) Eating organically is expensive, and I will have no more money to do anything but utilize my gym membership.

6.) The things that people say about the benefits of organic food are true, and I prove myself wrong. (I hope it's this one...)



Foods/drinks I will continue to consume although they are NOT organic:

1.) Nice dinners or lunches out with friends or co-workers

2.) Coffee

3.) Vitamin Water (AKA Crack Water)

4.) Alcoholic beverages

5.) Foods when no organic option is available (When traveling to Iowa)

No comments: