Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Holiday rundown

The Holiday gave me the opportunity to catch up on all of the things a girl needs in her life: a time to reflect on the happiness of being alive and healthy, time to catch up with family and friends, time to perform domestic duties, and time to go to the gym. All good things.

I spent Christmas Eve with roomie's grandparents, uncles and extended family in Concord. I LOVE meeting new people, and gaining insight into your friends lives by knowing those who have made that person who they truly are. It was a fantastic alternative to spending Christmas with my own family in snowy Iowa. I told M&D I would make it back out to the Midwest in the spring. I don't think they were too upset that I didn't travel this year.

Christmas Eve evening and Christmas Day day, I sang 2+3 catholic masses for a friend's church in Arethusa's neck of the woods. I didn't realize that the spanish midnight mass STARTED at midnight. (We protestants usually celebrate at 11pm, and are finished by 12am) And, yes, it was a spanish mass, which means, I had to dig deep within the International Phonetic Alphabet I learned 7 years ago and sing in a language I, mostly, do not understand. That was, um, interesting to say the least. The next morning we started at 7am, and after 3 masses, I CRASHED for most of Christmas Day.

I've also been going to the gym. Yep, I got a 24 Hour Fitness membership. 24 has everthing I need, and the price is right. It's a little busy, but if I get my ass out of bed in the morning, it will work out fine. More on that later.

Other than that, there has been lots of domestic duties performed including cleaning, laundry and grocery shopping.

Not the most exciting most. Sorry. Just been relaxing. How's everyone been?

No comments: