Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Finding Balance in Life and Art

This is one of those "I love my life" days, or at least moments. (The day isn't over yet. Right?) ;)

While interviewing a group of students and Professor for a research paper, I realized the small impact one person could make on a group of people. It wasn't myself making an impact on students, or the Professor making an impact on me, but the whole circle of relationships and networking. A group of people, talking, discussing and contributing in their own little ways. "What does it all mean?" or "I know what this means to ME, but what does it mean to YOU." It's fascinating to see issues from all sides, and also to feel in sync with what is going on around you, and your overall purpose. It's enlightening.

Anyway, enlightened me has narrowed her M.A. thesis from 1,00,000,001.1 ideas down to 2 or 3 ideas. Yay!

I met the new Dean of my graduate program at a social, and after spewing my thesis at him, and basically having diarrhea of the mouth, I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm strange. But, no matter - at least I'm passionate.

No comments: