Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Two Faces of Coffee

My co-workers are confused by my lack of personal or inanimate objects in my work area. I'm a minimalist, what can I say? So, I'm thinking of buying and framing a print of a comic strip that's been hanging in my cube since May of 2005. It's from a strip called Rhymes with Orange.

Doesn't the character look just the tiniest bit like someone we know? Hmmmm....?

I put the strip up at a time when we had a coffee maker in the office. Because I was the person closest to the coffee maker, I was somehow expected to make coffee. (Please refer to post NOT a Secretary.) Unfortunately, I would also partake of the coffee as it was so readily available and would end up feeling like a zittered zombie by the end of the day. I was regrettably horrible at cleaning the coffee maker (again, because I didn't feel like it was my responsibility) and eventually it went too long without being washed. The office collectively decided that the coffee maker was disgusting, and it was no longer welcome in the office. Since removal of the coffee maker, I drink considerably less coffee. Once in awhile someone will come in and ask where the coffee maker went and I will give them a sigh and say something like, "What coffee maker?" or "It ran away," before pointing them in the direction of the cafe across the street.

Thanks for listening. I'm going on a coffee break now.


No comments: