Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Pssssst. . . I cut the cheese!

Pun intended.

Day 1: I had to leave my microwavable, ricotta and spinach-stuffed tortellini in the fridge and find another option.

Day 2: I didn't have time to go out for lunch, so I ate the tortellini anyway.

Day 3: No cheese. Pretty easy.

Day 4: Went on a double date at our favorite Italian restaurant in Los Gatos. Although I ordered the fettuccine with marinara and two meat balls -my dinner came with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on the top. I decided to just go with it because the cheese was clearly a "garnish" and not a substantial part of the meal. Right? I passed on the baked brie appetizer, and I also had a side of spinach to start the meal.)

Day 5: After a 4-miler in Sausalito, I went to my boyfriend's family's house for a St. Patrick's Day dinner. I passed up the cheese tray, again. Yay!

Day 6: I had the "Fitness Breakfast" at Bill's Cafe, and asked for egg yolks because I'm not giving up eggs too!

Day 7: No problem.

Today: I had a salad for lunch, and asked for feta on the side. I used half of it. Not bad.

The important part of no-cheese is really just to keep it "low"-cheese. It is nearly impossible to never eat cheese, ever. It comes on EVERYTHING, and it is already assumed by the dining establishment that you want it. Because really. . . who doesn't want some delicious saturated fat on their cheeseburger, or a grilled cheese...maybe some Parmesan on your pasta, or Gouda on your sandwich, or cream cheese on your bagel, or American on a Saltine, or some cheddar on your burrito! What a life that must be for those who are lactose intolerant! The horror! The horror!

By the way, if I don't see visual body improvements in the next two weeks, I'm going to go back to eating an entire Tillamook baby loaf in one sitting.

No comments: