Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Last year I posted a blog about goals for my 29th year on this planet.

1.) Finish Grad School!

2.) Maintain 127 pounds and learn to swim.

3.) See Ravi Shankar in concert.

4.) Join the 21st century by purchasing a digital camera and an iPod.


And here's the follow-through:

I didn't graduate from Grad School, but I did start my thesis and plan to be completely finished by June 2009.

I've actually gained about 5 pounds due to an increase in weight lifting. I started lifting more after meeting with a trainer in January, and have worked weights into my routine. Everything seems pretty solid, so I'm not worried about the extra pounds. Besides, one should always take HEALTH into consideration NOT WEIGHT. Weight is a measurement of nothing. And,
as we have seen, the B.M.I. measurement is a load of crap. Don't buy into it!

Unfortunately, I did not learn how to swim this year. Instead, I bought a bike. I say that equals everything out.

I saw Ravi and Anoushka in November. I'd love to see them again soon!

Because I intended to write this post, I finally figured out how to charge the digital camera my parents bought me for Christmas . . . this morning. See how writing can also be motivational? *ha*

I still have not purchased said iPod, because I'm not sure if I need one or not. Most people say they "can't go to the gym without it." But, I can motivate without it, so do it need it? It would be nice to be able to play better music around the house, though. But then you have to buy one of those iPod docks, and I just don't know if I have the motivation to buy another item that won't fit into my apartment. Maybe my parents will buy me a dock for Christmas, and I'll learn how to use it in July 2010. *HA*

No comments: