Monday, September 24, 2007

Where's Lloyd?

I caught the last hour or so of the movie "Say Anything" tonight. I'd *gasp* never seen it before. I'm a fan of John Cusak - I think I've seen just about every other movie he's been in, but for some reason, this one has always passed me by.

I found it interesting that the girl's boyfriend ended up being more reliable than her stealing/lying father. An interesting premise. Or perhaps, because her father loved her so much, but upon his going to jail, she needed to quickly replace the man in her life. I have no idea who could possibly love me more than my own father - and I have no need to replace him. Perhaps having such a good relationship with both of my parents makes it more difficult to find someone who will take me as seriously as they have my entire life. Lloyd, even at his young age, takes people seriously.

There are plenty of things that my parents wouldn't do for me. Move to a foreign country - for one. The future man in my life.. yeah, it would be nice if I felt so inclined to take a job in England, Germany, or just Chicago. Of course, I would follow him too if the opportunity went the other way. Lloyd moved to England.

A serenade would also be nice. Lloyd has a very famous serenade in that movie.



Maybe I've missed out on Lloyd... perhaps Lloyd went to England and his girlfriend dumped him for a Brit. Now he is embittered and incapable of being with me. Perhaps Lloyd decided he didn't like England, or didn't like that his girlfriend's dad was a convict, so he doesn't want to put himself into a complicated position anymore. Perhaps Lloyd joined the English mafia (ha ha) and spent some time in jail or something.

The point is, is that Lloyd used to have feelings but they were somehow taken away. Now Lloyd has a good job somewhere, friends, security, but doesn't trust women. I don't know how this happened, but it's a tragedy. Poor Lloyd is probably in his 30's (ok, I know JK is more like 40) and he's confused.

So, you ask. What is a girl to do? Maybe I'll try and find an 18-year-old and treat him well so he doesn't become embittered. Maybe he would become embittered anyway, no matter how well I treated him. Unfortunately I don't like 18-year-olds (or 28 year olds for that matter) much. It's crossed my mind that I may be too old to find a Lloyd. At this point, I'd like someone with life experience to at least match mine. But, where are those non-embittered souls willing to not blame ALL women for ruining their lives, or being too scared that women will ruin their lives.

How did I get blamed for ruining men's lives? I mean. Really. I didn't do anything wrong. I didn't make anyone move to England for me... My dad isn't in jail and I'm not looking for a male role model of some kind... It must have been that other girl.

Bitch.

Maybe Lloyd needs to get over it.

Lloyd is dead.

1 comment:

Tickled Pink And Green said...

I loved that movie. I loved that song they played while making out in the car. You know the drunk guy from the party? The one they had to take home who couldn't remember where he lived? That was Jason Gould, the son of Barbra Striesand & Elliot Gould.

Just some trivia for ya. ;-)