Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Iowa Way to Treat You


















As much as I consider myself to be Californian, the "Iowa Way" frequently creeps it's way into my lifestyle. I still enjoy tuna casserole on occasion, think it's silly to argue whether soda pop is "soda" or "pop", and marvel at the problems Californians have when driving in the rain.

Last summer, after a trip back home during the famous Iowa State Fair and watching the movie/musical "The Music Man" 500 times, I couldn't help but make a comparison between myself and the heroine Marian Paroo (Shirley Jones). I'm sorry, this is really geeky.


NAME -- Marian : Suzanne
AGE -- 26 : 26
HAIR -- blonde : blonde
EYES -- blue : blue
HEIGHT -- petite : 5'4''
WEIGHT -- difficult to tell with large costume dresses : nice ladies don't discuss such things
NATIONALITY -- Irish : mostly Irish
HOMETOWN -- River City, IA : Lenox, IA
VOICE TYPE -- Soprano : Soprano
OCCUPATION -- Librarian (don't you DARE speak loudly) : Administrative Asst. (don't you DARE call me a secretary)
HOBBIES -- Music, complaining, drinking phosphates : Music, complaining, drinking gin and tonic
LIKES CHILDREN -- Yes - teaches music lessons : Yes - teaches music classes
FORMER BOYFRIEND -- "Heroically ran the Streetcar" : Heroically drove a tank in Kosovo
LAST DATE -- Traveling salesman : Traveling tech consultant

2 comments:

sarah said...

LOVE the pictures. Scary in a good way.

Chino XL said...

"You really ought to give Iowa a try" Aren't you glad I gave you that movie???