Saturday, August 04, 2007

Accomplished :)

I've been off work since last Wednesday, and it feels so good.

I've cleaned my entire apartment in preparation for the new roommate. Mr. Clean is the greatest cleaning agent I have ever found! AND it has a fresh orangy scent! LOVE it. Mr. Clean has been winking at me and giving me his head-bow and it excites me greatly.

The new roommate is mostly moved in now, and we've made some apartment improvements. New Roomie has installed cable. It's the first time in 4 years that I've had cable at my place of residence. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. We have all of the premium channels, and apparently DVR, although I don't know how to access or use it. What does one watch when they have access to 500 channels? They watch "Back to the Future" of course! Right now I'm wondering if we will really have flying cars by 2015. My guess is NO. Also, the references to Texaco and Michael Jackson. Yeah, um...

I've also been filing all of that important stuff that's important, but it piles on a desk. Yes, I have a home filing system now and it's all up to date. Get it!

I drove 4 hours to Santa Rosa yesterday to see an old friend who I studied music with back in Iowa. She's back at our old school, teaching and singing in a group called First Take that does workshops in the summer. The drive was extremely irritating, but it was good to see Kim after 8 years. She's exactly the same, perhaps we are both heavier and more embittered. I also saw a former teacher, who is probably the person most responsible for my moving to the Bay Area. It was funny to see everyone, and a blast from the past, but also kind of sad to know that I don't really "belong" to that scene anymore. It's evolved beyond what it was when I went to school there. Strange feeling.

Exercise has been regular this week. Hiking, running...and there is more to come when I leave tomorrow for the beach! Woo hoo! Hiking and being massaged. Very excited.

Now, I leave you. Hopefully I'll have some reports when I get back. :)

Have a lovely week!

2 comments:

sarah said...

OMG, do you have HGTV now? Because if you do, I'm coming over and I'm not leaving. Thanks.

Suzanne said...

Um, yes I have HGTV. I've watched some house flipping. Damn, I'm so hip now! ;)