Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Cereal Dating Status - Month 1

I HATE when profiles ask you about your "status." It's not like I'm single on purpose, or that I don't enjoy being single. Where is the "picky" status or the "happily unattached" status? Furthermore, there is no "cereal dating" status, and there really should be - at least for me. Here is my current cereal dating status, in case you were wondering, or if you are just plain confused:

Cornflakes

East coaster, lived all over
MA Stanford Engineering Grad who is taking time off of work to apply for MBA programs. His top choice? - Stanford, of course.
Non-offensive, looks like a Stanford guy. Goes to a lot of Stanford sporting events.
Date #1 A Stanford vs. SJSU basketball game
Date #2 Cajun food and a HS benefit music concert
AWKWARD DATE SCENARIO: Like an idiot, I leave my purse behind at our seats. I run back to get it. When I return, he has a hamburger and fries – for himself.
STATUS: Never called each other back.
FEELINGS: None.
Rice Crispies

Also from the "I" States, moved here 6 years ago
Law School Grad working in high tech
Dark and handsome, with a bit of geek. Likes karaoke. Not your typical "I" State ‘fratguy’.
Date #1 Dinner at a tapas restaurant
Date #2 Japanese food and dive karaoke
Date #3 Pizza and James Bond
AWKWARD DATE SCENARIO: Strange attempt at first kiss.
STATUS: Have invited him to Christmas Cocktails at the CoHo.
FEELINGS: I feel like this guy may have everything programmed.

Porridge

He's a local
SJSU marketing alum working in high tech
Dark, cute, nice dimples, plays soccer.
Un-official Date: Pub Crawl
Official Date #1: A walk around Santa Cruz
Date #2: Cuban food and coffee
Un-official Date #2: A friendly night out in Los Gatos
AWKWARD DATE SCENARIO: A girlfriend of mine was having a fight with her boyfriend. She gave him the, “You know SHE’S not into you, but what do you think of ME?”
STATUS: I hope he doesn't hope we are dating.
FEELINGS: Please go out with my friend. She could really like you.

Lucky Charms

North of Chicago, has been here for 2.5 years
Went to a small, liberal arts school in Ohio, works in high tech and is quite a "monster"
VERY tall, big hands, big feet, big hair. VERY Irish.
Date #1: Italian food
AWKWARD DATE SCENARIO: Outside in the parking lot, he asks me to guess which car is his because, “I hope people don’t have the wrong impression of me by what I drive.” He drives a BMW, which I would have thought was perfectly normal, had he not made such a big deal about it. I lived in Germany – I know they are reliable cars.
STATUS: He asked me to a movie, but when I found out Special K was coming to town, I made up a lame excuse not to go.
FEELINGS: Ditching a guy and using a lame excuse is not good. Should just cut off contact and not make any more plans.
Special K

From west Chicago burbs, moved to LA, lived there for 5 years, lived in ND before moving here 2 years ago
Went to the same school as my sister, works in automotive industry
Best smile, very kissable, works out a lot. Dry sense of humor, great laugh.
Date #1: A really weird Monday night on the town in which someone (not him) drank a little too much.
Date #2: A Tuesday night in Santana Row after a hard-days work.
AWKWARD DATE SCENARIO:He’s from out of town, here on business, so he’s staying in a hotel. Um, this could potentially be sleazy/ appear to be sleazy.
STATUS: We really need to get together on a weekend. I've invited him to a Christmas Party in Davis.
FEELINGS: Kind of warm and gushy.
Anyone in the hopper? A lawyer named Jeff.
Anyone else? No, I'm tired.

No comments: