Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Wedding Dilemma

I've been invited to a wedding of someone I knew in college. She doesn't call. She doesn't write. She emails me saying she's in town. I suggest lunch. I don't hear from her again. Ahem.

I am quite astonished 4 years later to receive an email "Save the Date" for her wedding in August. It is good to hear from her, so I give her my address at her request and receive the invitation in the mail a couple of weeks later. I feel uneasy about the invitation. Others who have been in touch with her received their invitation months before I received mine. Also, I don't know the groom and the wedding is 2 hours away.

Question: Do I go to the wedding, spend the money for the gift and the hotel when I was invited last minute, furthermore am not sure whether or not I will ever see this person again?

Answer: No. I send the RSVP with the (X) next to "Be there in spirit. I also send her an email apologizing that I am unable to attend, and suggest a get-together when she moves back to the area.

Question: Will she ever contact me again?

My guess: No. I was invited because there was "extra room" or she thought I'd be good for a gift. Anyone want to place bets on this one?

No comments: