Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Ho-Hum from an entertainment perspective

I have lots of things going on, but none really great from an entertainment perspective, hence the month-long silence:

Work is in full swing, as is school and rehearsal. I decided to take a law class "just for fun" because I don't need it to graduate. I like it a ton. It's fun to use words like "precedent" and "tort" and learn about the "State Action Doctrine" and "Lemon Test." Maybe I should revisit the idea of a law profession, which is what I intended to do when moving back to California 5 years ago. The only thing that's really holding me back is money. . . anyone have $100,000 lying around. . . anyone . . . anyone?

This summer, I also thought about the idea of moving to Texas (Dallas) for a dual MA Arts Administration / MBA program. Then I received the brochure in the mail with a bunch of white people on the cover and decided it might be too much of a culture shock to move back to the middle states. Except Chicago. LOVE Chicago. The idea of working at a university in Chicago makes me overly giddy. To answer your question about weather: YES! Even in the snow and wind.

I'm not dating anyone, and I'm totally cool with that. Yeah, I look around, but no one really stands out except the standard "fall backs" like that guy who works across campus, the guy I dated 4 years ago, or the eliptical exerciser at my gym. Nothing to be taken seriously. Why create an in-flux relationship right now? That's just mean and just puts me on the same level as those guys who can 't decide what they want either. So, until my soul mate bangs into my cart at the grocery store . . . I'm staying clear of relationship land.

No comments: